Thursday, February 22, 2007

Almost Home



One big happy family!




Henry and Ellen at the most beautiful pool in the world



The left thumb this time



“Enough is enough,” to quote my mother on the blog. I couldn’t agree more. I’d really love to stay longer some other time but it will be really nice to be home. I will say that if we had the chance to go to Darjeeling tomorrow instead of coming home, I think I’d jump on it. Now that the “un-beautiful” day at the Embassy is over, we can relax. So many people suggest Darjeeling—it’s called the green something or other because of the gorgeous scenery – you can guess it’s famous for tea. We were also recommended Katmandu—I’ve always wanted to go to Nepal. I really could stay here and travel more—I want to see it all. But we also want to see our family and friends—and introduce Tess.

I’ve been making fun of Luke for being afraid of the traffic in New Delhi. They have actual lanes with dotted lines here—it’s not scary to me. Kolkata, yes. Here, no. This place is super nice. And the weather is absolutely gorgeous. However, Henry just wants to hang out in the hotel room and play. I’m trying really hard to get him to go to the Lodi Gardens and to the Crafts Museum (which is the closest thing to the Territorial Fair at Historic Arkansas—they have crafts demonstrators in the courtyard that also sell their creations). We’ll see.

We are not able, though, to come home early. No available seats.

Henry and Tess are both doing great. Another good night of sleeping. Henry woke up at 4:30 or 5:00, though. I guess we’re still a little out of sync with the time zone. Tess has three teeth (two bottom) and she is getting her fourth (to make two on top). Henry’s been writing all sorts of letters to his friends. Tess is so friendly and happy. Not shy at all but pretty quiet. By the way, she weighs slightly more than 13 pounds. I think she’s 25 ½ inches. The 6-9 month clothes swallow her up in girth but if they are footies, they are barely long enough.

Tips for those traveling soon: British Airways customer service is Horrendous! We won’t travel BA again! Travelocity was also a mess. But Expedia reservations worked out just fine. Also, the day of the Embassy trip, the doctors are open until 1:00 pm. So get to the Embassy early enough to get to the doctor by 1. The woman we went to was Dr. Shakuntala Dewesar and she was awesome! As Luke said, window 16/17 at the Embassy (you’ll understand what this means when you get there) is closed from 1-2 pm so after the doctor, you may just want to go get lunch before you go back to the Embassy.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this just might be the most wonderful photograph ever! there's so much joy and love exploding from it. you all look like you've been together for all of history and forever! i'm so so excited to meet your little light and to feel all that joy and love you're all radiating in person. can't wait 'til your return! peace and blessings!
- jessica

7:10 AM  
Blogger Luke and Ellen said...

We had more problems with British Airways again today- A constant fight. After a good rear-end chewing they sent our new ticket for Tess by a driver and later sent us a bottle of wine to our room at the hotel. I still say I will never fly with them again!

Good wine though. The more I drink the better I like them again...

The FOURSOME

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim started the day with one of your new pics - and I had to catch up on your blog! She is BEAUTIFUL! You all look perfect together. Henry is so brave and strong - he'll be a great big brother! I can't wait to see Tess!!! We need more pics! Love and congrats! - Candace

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid their are so many of us who want to meet Tess that we will scare her to death. So, I wish to make an appointment time to see the 4 of you and let her get to meet her Aunt Jane and visa versa. Can't wait!!!!! She looks like an angel. With love hugs and kisses. Jane

8:02 AM  
Blogger hamhock said...

thanks for the family pic. i saw the one earlier where everyone was looking at the camera but tess was looking at luke. what a pic! i imagine luke was saying "get ready, it's about to take...everyone look at the camera" and then click. tess was too busy listening to luke and watching him smile. this new picture proves that henry was supposed to be there with you guys. i've looked at it all day and its made me smile every time.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor British Air...Like you plan to travel in the near future .I will boycott them also. We are all waiting ,waiting for you to return home safe and sound..How about my typing skills..improving ,eh ? Love ,Love ..J.J.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this is kramer i can't wait to see tess and henry are you and luke on the other side of the world. how long does it take to get back to arkansas me team do not win the game on tuesday i hope you will came see me play and i have a game today. i hope to see luke,e,tess,and henry on satday at the airport at 10:00pm?
love luke,e,henry,tess,kramer,mom,dad,nana,bill

love kramer

2:37 PM  
Blogger Kristi W. said...

Luke and Ellen,
Your family is beautiful! I've really enjoyed following your blog. Have a safe trip home, and thanks for the embassy tips. Turns out we will need them in less than 2 weeks!

Kristi (from Dillon forum, Daya's mama)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, almost is a key word here! Family waiting your arrival to find out you are snowed in in Chicago! Oh, well! Enjoy the rest, maybe you'll be ready to hit the ground running when you arrive in LR on Monday.

I had signed up for an alert on my cell phone when you guys were within 2 hours of LR. This message service was how I heard you were grounded! an automated call from American. Technology abounds on this trip!

We'll see you as soon as we can! Love, Melissa

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn’t agree more. I’d really love to stay longer some other time but it will be really nice to be home. pool closing nj

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home